The 2004 Vintage Port “Nacional” is a declared Vintage Port aged for 18 months in wooden casks. An old vines field blend, it comes in at just 79 grams per liter of residual sugar, rather dry on paper and in perception. Typically graceful and leaning on elegance in the mid-palate, it is laced with some herbs and rhubarb up front. It is very aromatic and it opens with a distinctive flavor profile compared to others in the Vintage Port lineup that I had open. In the mid-palate, it seems like a very fine table wine in some ways, showing remarkable finesse and focus, and a rather dry finish. It is completely closed and gives little. The structure and the underlying concentration are all obvious, though. They are classic and they make this a cellar candidate from the get-go. Despite being over a decade old, this is tight, firm, powerful and too young. After playing around with it for several days, I saw it finally begin to blossom, to show fresh fruit and something besides austerity. By the end of the week, it was far more evolved, showing its wonderful concentration, increasingly interesting intensity of flavor and a long finish. It is never obvious, but it is always quite gorgeous. This is an old school Port on an old school schedule. It needs cellaring. If extended aeration makes it at least a bit approachable, it is not exactly showing all it has and all it can be. Be patient–even if it is more approachable in a decade or so, that won’t be even close to its peak. If you’re patient and young, give it a try around 2040.
Image may differ from product info
Quinta Do Noval Vintage 750ml
The 2004 Vintage Port "Nacional" is a declared Vintage Port aged for 18 months in wooden casks. An old vines field blend...Read More
2 in stock
California Residents see Prop 65 WARNING
- Someone 21 years of age or older must be available to sign for any alcohol orders.
- The average shipping time for Wine orders is 2-7 business days depending on state.
- The average shipping time for Spirits orders is 3-12 business days depending on state, carrier, and product type. Next day for FL once it ships via UPS.
- Tracking numbers will be received within 2-3 business days after an order is placed.
- We cannot ship Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, Arkansas, South Dakota, and Utah.
- For our local scheduled deliveries - please use delivery services link below for delivery day coverage.
- TX, IL, MI, and NJ take longer than normal which is approx. 2 weeks to arrival.
- For our SAME DAY DELIVERIES are available at all store locations if you live within 10 miles of that store location. Download our Luekens App on your mobile device for this service.
- Florida Customers – For increments of 12 bottles on 750ml of wine only that are equal or greater over $179 ships for free in the State of Florida. However, product promotions may be excluded from this rule, and cannot be combined with other promotions, coupons or offers.
- Additional shipping information Delivery Services